Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Just one box will culture 4 cups every day. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of dehydrated traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are dehydrated active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.