Statistics Canada's Canadian Community Health Survey says that an estimated 3.3 million Canadians over the age of 15 suffer from insomnia. Insomnia is a debilitating problem and is characterized by difficulty falling asleep and maintaining sleep, and where overall sleep quality is non-restorative. There is a direct relationship between quantity and quality of sleep and health problems. Over time, sleep deprivation can lead to obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular problems and diabetes, as well as mood problems, decreased productivity, and safety issues at home and on the job.
This fast acting and very safe sleep formula can help you fall asleep more quickly, stay asleep, sleep more soundly, and wake up feeling refreshed. Tranquil Sleep combines L-Theanine with 5-HTP and melatonin. These ingredients exert a gentle yet powerfully synergistic effect to promote restful sleep and calm nervousness. These ingredients are supported by extensive research for their role in treating insomnia.
Main selling features
- Addresses key aspects of insomnia: difficulty falling asleep, waking during the night, and waking tired in the morning
- A natural non-addictive alternative to sleeping pills
- Contains Suntheanine®, the most clinically studied L-theanine
- Fast-acting chewable tablets, with natural sweeteners and a delicious tropical fruit flavour
- Comes in a convenient travel-sized option
How it works
Stress-Relax® Tranquil Sleep works in harmony with the body’s own natural sleep hormones to help reduce the time it takes to fall asleep, increase the quality and duration of sleep, relieve daytime fatigue, and reset the body’s sleep-wake cycle.
Melatonin is a brain hormone critical for regulating the “circadian rhythm” of the body’s internal clock, and triggering the onset of sleep. Low melatonin secretion at night can be a cause of insomnia. When melatonin levels are low, taking a melatonin supplement is very effective for promoting sleep.
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) improves sleep by increasing the amount of serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a brain hormone required for healthy sleep. An irregular sleep schedule can reduce serotonin production, triggering a vicious circle of poor sleep, stress, depression, and fatigue. Supplemental 5-HTP is metabolized into serotonin, thereby helping the body restore a pattern of restful sleep.
L-theanine crosses the blood-brain barrier and slows the firing of nerves, resulting in relaxation and a shift to restful alpha brain wave activity, without causing drowsiness. It can also lower the heart rate and reduce the stress response.
Safe and effective Stress-Relax Tranquil Sleep helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep, with no next-day grogginess.
Uses and benefits
- Helps you fall asleep and stay asleep
- Works in harmony with your body’s natural sleep hormones
- Promotes restful sleep, so you wake refreshed and alert
- Induces relaxation and lowers the body’s stress response
- Chewable tablets have a great-tasting tropical fruit flavour